View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 04:29 PM   #3
rleguillow
Always Reading
rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: FW 1192, PRS-700, kobo, Rocket, PRS-650, Nook Glow, Kobo Glo
Angry The response....

I received the following response from... Fictionwise!
Hello,

Due to industry changes, our content suppliers are currently unable to offer certain titles from several large publishers. We are working with our content partners to resolve this.

Best Regards,

Ted
eReader.com Support Team
I see a pattern here, since there are a couple of posts here in the MR forums regarding disappearing books at Fictionwise as well.

I also see that there is not enough competition in the ebook selling field, as there is not enough competition in so many things, which leads to unhappy consumers and fat cat companies.

Sigh.

Well, because I was able to remove the DRM from the books I purchased at eReader.com, so I could read them on whatever reader I happen to own, I was feeling not TOO bad buying from them. Looks like they'll lose my business too. Sure hope Baen doesn't go to hell with the rest of 'em, they really are my go-to ebook store, now. I've been doing most of my purchasing from them, and now it looks like it will be all of my purchasing. Really, what do these fools think they are doing? How to win customers - limit the use of the product you sell, price it in strange and wonderful ways, periodically reach out and take it back, refuse to carry an entire series (let's sell books 1-3, skip 4, sell 5, skip 6 and 7...), force folks to buy the book over and over each time the hardware gets upgraded...I may have to reconsider the dark side.
rleguillow is offline   Reply With Quote