View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 03:53 PM   #1
rleguillow
Always Reading
rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: FW 1192, PRS-700, kobo, Rocket, PRS-650, Nook Glow, Kobo Glo
Question Disappearing books at eReader.com

Cue the ghosts and creepy music.

This morning, during a brief break from work, I went to ereader.com, logged in and searched for Charlaine Harris. A bunch of books were in the results - a few anthologies, what appeared to be all of her Sookie Stackhouse series and several others, including the one I wanted to buy. I put it into my cart and then had to go back to work before I could finish the transaction.

So, a few minutes ago, work completed, I went back to finish buying that book. Nothing in my cart and I was no longer logged in. I figured it timed out. So I logged back in, checked the cart (empty) and again searched for Charlaine Harris. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Zero.

Puzzled, and figuring there had to be a glitch somewhere, I logged out, closed my browser, waited a minute and tried again - log in, search... nothing.

What is up with that? Does anyone know of (or has anyone heard rumours about) books being removed from eReader.com?

LATER: I found their contact point and have sent them the above info, asking what happened. I'll post their reply, if they send one.

Last edited by rleguillow; 03-31-2010 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Added comment
rleguillow is offline   Reply With Quote