Thread: eReader Survey
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 08:20 AM   #15
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
1. Appearance. Something simple, no fancy design. Big screen (in relation to the device size) with minimal frame and case. But easy to hold with one hand and press the buttons.

2. Functions. High degree of configurability. Allow the user to set a custom CSS sheet (with margins, fonts, etc.), portrait or landscape orientation, optional status bar, arbitrary zoom factor, auto-scale images to fit the screen (optional too), dictionary lookup, annotations (even if it's only select a word and mark it with a sign). Full ePUB support with multilevel table of contens, smallcaps, headers/footers, SVG... Decent PDF support with antialiasing, hyperlinks (intra-document), two-column reading, etc. Possibility of turning the device off, but leaving something in the screen (a picture, a map, a checklist...)

3. Specifications. I'm very happy with my Cybook Gen3, so that would be pretty much my choice. Faster processor, more memory, support for SDHC, or even USB drives.

4. Colors. Something dark (black or dark gray), something light (white or light gray), no need for more colous, but have some nice skins available

5. Other. Frequent software ugrades, possibility of additional apps, even user-contributed.
Jellby is online now   Reply With Quote