View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 09:47 PM   #13
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I think FW might be in real trouble. If there is no variation in price, than as Kobo said on their blog, stores will have to compete on customer experience. And it seems like sticking with eReader might be a real detriment to FW since it cannot be read on as many devices and has not become a standard like epub has. I really think Kobo is going to be my store of choice from now on. No exchange rate issues (although I will be stuck paying GST) and better Canadian selection. Plus it will not be cluttered up with all the multiformat pulp I have purchased over the years just to spend my rebates. It will be a nice, clean bookshelf of only carefully chosen books in nice, universal epub.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote