View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 01:02 PM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
I think he wants something for an android phone that will collect RSS and convert to ePub on his phone though I dont see why someone would want/need that when they can just use an rss reader.
There are lots of differences between the RSS feed and the EPUB that Calibre creates from that RSS feed. In many cases, I prefer the EPUB, so I can imagine why he might want that function. That's why I answered sort of obliquely - if you want an EPUB from an RSS feed - one that you can access from any WiFi hotspot around the world - the official way is to run Calibre on your desktop, set up the content server and get the EPUB that way. That's how I do it. If he just wants the RSS feed, he should get a feed reader that works on the Android.

I suppose we didn't really answer his question, and that answer is: No, there isn't any official way to run Calibre directly on the Android.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote