View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 11:50 PM   #31
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
I was thinking about bookshops offering ereaders and ebooks. And decided that in Oz they don't really want to contribute to their own demise, so whilst the mainstream aren't interested in ereading, they will keep it quiet.

But, those of us that are interested are in the main bypassing them anyway. Especiallly after getting the strange looks you get from DFs in the shops.

The same will happen to the publishers that do not get on board. They really need to do their sums or they will end up like the tobacco industry. Overrun with chop chop and crime gangs. Or is this taking it too far
I agree with you re publishers. I don't know what's going on there. Even our government is going full speed in reverse with the recent parallel import ban decision.
Some bookstores have tried though. I bought my first e-reader (Irex Iliad) back in 2007 in Dymocks (Gorge St, Sydney). They were really keen on the whole e-reader scene back then. I remember talking to the store manager about all the plans they had.
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote