View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 11:27 PM   #8
mogui
eNigma
mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.

Device: HTC G1 Android FBReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvidReader View Post
Mogui, just out of curiosity, why don't you use the PDF2LRF program that Nate the Great mentioned?
I guess I'm just an old-fashioned guy. It is trivially easy to dump the text from a PDF. I prefer TXT over LRF because the default font sizes are just what I want. I just need the ebook to be readable, not pretty. I can use a programmer's editor to reformat the paragraphs in TXT files without thinking too much or learning a new tool.

When I wrote the above material I had a broken Palm and I was reading TXT files on an MP4 player. The player had only a 24 character line and did not hyphenate. So I was in the midst of creating re-flowed text anyway and all the thinking was fresh in my mind.

I would use LRFs if I ever could decide what font size to use and if I could do batch conversions from PDB and LIT files. Being a lazy person I usually do not look for new methods when I can make the old ones work.

Maybe I could make my life easier. Suggestions are welcome.
mogui is offline   Reply With Quote