View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 07:16 PM   #32
digicatz
digicatz began at the beginning.

Device: considering the Sony model for the $299, with $150 worth of ebooks +
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduj View Post
I read the matrix comparison post that you have made available. I'm wondering is there anyway to anticipate the quality i.e. the longevity of these second generation ebook readers? I have a ebookman 911 and it is starting to breakdown and I don't think I can get it fixed. Do you think one manufacture-Sony,Jinke, Dutch- is more reliable than the other two? It's my experience that if things go wrong with the hardware they don't repair it, they replace it. What kind of warranty is coming with these new units. TIA EDUJ
I noticed on the Sony page, service plans much like the apple service plans.
1 yr $ 69 or 79 , then progressively more up to 4 yrs. It may have been $39ish for one year now that I think about it. These included accidental damage.
Between that and the online offers of $150 in ebooks and another $50 in classics
(unfortunately ends today... has to be registered by 07/31/2007) would make the Sony a real contender as price after all ebooks is $100. But there is also the chase credit card deal if you can find the right offer page and get in. Thats $50 but you need to get approved, get the card, then register on the Sony rewards site, and $299 will be billed to card, and 8 weeks later credited back.

digicatz
digicatz is offline   Reply With Quote