Thread: MobileRead Discussion: Stiff by Mary Roach
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 07:54 AM   #12
Ben Thornton
Guru
Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 2 (but not for e-books)
I've recently finished it - I enjoyed it overall, although there were some chapters in the middle that I didn't enjoy reading while eating. I thought that the end was well done - it was good to pay tribute to UM006 and co.

The bit that I found most horrifying was the Chinese daughters-in-law cutting off bits of themselves to feed ailing parents (an eye!?).

It made me think about what I might want to have done with my corpse once I'm dead. Composting sounds a pretty good option to me. What's your preference?

All in all, an interesting read about something which I'd not read much about.

I won't be buying rice krispies for a while.
Ben Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote