View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 09:56 AM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
How many different ebook readers have you used?

I am just curious to find out how many readers most people have used. I wonder who wins the prize for 'most devices owned or used.' Here is my tally:

Sony Clie (too much glare and some battery issues; replaced with the m125)
Palm m125 (a great little device! Got a lot of use out of it for book reading)
eBookwise (had its day with me, then I moved on to a lighter, smaller Sony)
Sony 505 (great device; replaced by the Kindle since I wanted TTS and dictionary)
iPod Touch (still have it, still use it but not often for reading anymore)
Amazon Kindle (my current device)
Astak Reader (borrowed from a friend for review purposes)
Pocketbook 360 (anticipating this in the mail any day now to review for Teleread)

So...that's eight. Nine if you count my Alphasmart Dana, which I got intending to read on it, found unsuitable for reading due to the glare and still own to use for other purposes. And ten if you count a desktop computer---I don't prefer to read on those, but if I have a break at work I will sometimes access a chapter or two from a book in my Kobo library since I can access that on-line. I realize not everyone will read off a computer screen though and it is not my preference.

So, lifetime, we'll say ten devices. The ones in current use are the Kindle (most often), the computer (sometimes) and the iPod Touch (rarely). We'll see what happens when the PB arrives
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote