View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 08:06 PM   #38
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Best Regards,

Boris Krol,
Product Manager,
ECTACO, Inc.
Tel. 718-728-4130
Fax 718-728-4023
mailto:borisk@ectacoinc.com
http://www.ectacoinc.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbs View Post
Here is the letter, with the email address.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJHARKAVY View Post
Every contact that I have had with them have been from/to ectaco.com.
Something seems very fishy. I'd be even more suspicious if the folks at ectacoinc.com wanted personal information such as full name, credit card number, DOB, or SSN for "verification purposes only" before they could send the case.

If it is a phishing e-mail, be careful! It's illegal, and could cost you big bucks and lots of headaches if you play along. On the other hand, if it's genuine, Ectaco is using shady marketing practices.

Smells more like phishing to me.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 03-22-2010 at 08:10 PM.