View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 04:33 PM   #38
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
I am just curious about this. I kind of want the Harry Potter series in ebook, but not enough to scan them in myself from paper and proof them (or to proof-read badly OCRd darknet copies). I know JK Rowling is opposed to ebooks, but I am wondering if she really does plan to hold out forever. You think she'll cave, eventually?
If you look at the reasons she has given for this in the past, it's pretty clear that she doesn't understand technology and is afraid of it. The word "Luddite" has been used, and is probably accurate in her case.

Given that, and the fact that she has tons of money she's already made off of this franchise, probably means that she doesn't care if she's losing any money by not selling eBooks. I don't expect her stance to change any time soon.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote