View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 04:55 AM   #9
Logseman
じゃんぬねっ
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Cervantes Touch Light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
I'm assuming your being facetious here-or do you really expect every album to come with 150 songs? That would be like expecting to only pay 15 cents for a digital book because it's only 300kb in size.
There is virtue in the middle point. What I won't swallow is that, like in my origin country, Spain, the artist mafia intend to tell me that an "enhanced rerelease" of a disc with 3 new songs can be released at 18 euro, just as they like to. I want 30, 40 songs in an album.

And of course, non-technical ebooks should lower their price dramatically (and technical ones too). We're talking about book releases inferior or at best equal in quality to the free books that we have in Mobileread. We're talking about books with poor metadata, cruddy formatting and no enhancing content, at least in the Spanish market that I know. And we have the darknet and public source material as free alternatives. They know it, you see, and that's why they pass Sony Bono acts ("We want copyright to last forever, but alas, the Constitution forbids it, damn the Founding Fathers!") and prosecute the darknet.

Summing all that up, in my view ebooks shall be around one-two dollar the piece. That, of course, won't be enough to sustain the huge mammoths' lobbies, their subsidized scale diseconomies and their growing overhead costs, but it will do for the author, who is the one who should be paid for his or her job.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote