Thread: Thank You JK!
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 07:09 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, iPad, nook STR
One of the problems with the book (IMHO) is that because it was originally written for the UK market and then brought over the US, there are things said and words that should be changed for the American audience. While adults may get these things, a lot of kids won't. So in my opinion, it's a poor job of editing the US version. My wife is Scottish and I've learned a lot of difference between UK and US English. But most people in the US won't have had that opportunity.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote