View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 09:14 PM   #9
clockworkzombie
Connoisseur
clockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to behold

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverClothe View Post
This is wrong on so many levels I don't even know where to begin. It literally took 10 minutes for my brain to recover from the shock. Since I have limited time on this wonderful planet, I shall have to satisfy myself with a short reply.

You can ignore the welfare of everyone but yourself, but that does not change reality.
I may have loaned my book to someone as I cannot find it. If you read this book you will see what I an angling at.

The so called robber barons competed in the marketplace without government aid and often against monopolies.

Rockefeller made the price of lamp oil so cheap that everybody could afford to read and educate themselves at night time.

Rockefeller was a man who abhorred waste and he attempted to make everything run efficiently, for example he found a way to make the cans of kerosine with 39 drops of solder not 40, all these savings he passed on to the consumer and if you are looking at people helping others Rockefeller funded the cure for yellow fever, built schools to teach disadvantaged children and tithed 10 percent of his income.

Vanderbuilt ran ferries in direct competition with a government mandated monopoly, at one point he dropped the fare price to zero and made money selling food on the boats as they made their journey, he invented the hot potato chip for sale on these ferries.

Perhaps you can spend your limited time on this planet enjoying the fruits of their labour and not being shocked by the idea that competition in the marketplace is a good thing.

edited for wrong word.

Last edited by clockworkzombie; 03-19-2010 at 09:17 PM.
clockworkzombie is offline   Reply With Quote