View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 11:22 PM   #32
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by riemann42 View Post
What about Barnes & Nobel and eReader's DRM, which has no activation servers that can go down, and the software is free and readily available?
Can you send me the link to the Kindle version of that "free" software?

Seriously though... it still restricts me from using the book as I want on the devices I want.

Yes, DRM can be broken... but since that is the case, why do they bother with it in the first place? It isn't about copyright it is about vendor locking.

But... this thread isn't about DRM it is about the new ebook pricing. The DRM is just one aspect that determines the value of the ebook.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote