View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 07:18 AM   #11
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2(WiFi) / FireHD; Kindle DX-G; Kobo-AuraHD,Glo,Mini; Ipad Air
I did read that , and loved it, but forgot to mention it because I don't own a First Edition. That's a wonderful book.

I actually read that before "The Wild Sheep Chase."

I'm just amazed by Murakami, by his metaphysics and also by the way he constructs his stories.

Every book he writes astounds me in some way.

Here's what really makes me sick to my gut: About 20 years ago, I had a hardback First Edition of "The Elephant Vanishes." I tried to read the first story and couldn't get into it, so it lanquished on my bookshelf. I eventually traded it to a friend for an obscure hack named A. Merritt [I'm joking!!!!] Anyway, I lament the loss of that book and always look for it locally here. I think I'll eventually buy it from a reputable used book dealer in M/M condition before it goes too far past the $100 mark.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote