View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 06:04 AM   #3
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Kobo Touch, Sony PRS T3, Nexus 7, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by timbp View Post

It's called an ECO Reader. And my calculations refer only to the cost to me. So I guess I should make some allowance for the environmental benefits of using the reader rather than paper books. Unfortunately, I can't think of any right now. As I said, I still reread paper books I bought 25 years ago, but this device stopped working after only 6 weeks. Is it really so unbelievably eco-friendly that 6 weeks use pays for its manufacture and the manufacture of the paper books I would have read in that time?
I've had my ECO reader for about a year now, and it's still going strong. I have broken the screens on to two Cybooks by inadvertently twisting or bending them. That was because of my carelessness rather than of any fault in the reader.

For what is worth I don't think ebook readers will ever totally replace print books for things like text books or coffee table books or art books or music books. But I wouldn't dream of going back to reading novels or similar books as print books; a well formatted ebook is far better for this purpose.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote