View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 12:18 AM   #61
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddman View Post
There's forever, and then there's three years or so that Sony's bookstore has been online. And as I posted on page 2, there was actually a guarantee of sorts that Sony's LRF/LRX format would continue to be supported by Sony's readers and stores, per their press release.

I don't think anyone would be complaining if Sony simply updated their reader firmware so that it correctly supported ePub. Replacing a native format with an inferior format (as displayed on their readers) is a bad business decision any way you slice it.
I would love if Sony upgraded the epub support on my 505. I would also love full unicode support without hacking. I don't expect this to happen, though. But if you love the LRF format so much, why don't you convert other formats to LRF with calibre?

Their store is not very competitive either way, the switch to epub did make sense (they can sell to a wider audience), but their pricing doesn't.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote