View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 11:39 PM   #16
awx
Connoisseur
awx is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-650 & PRS-600
Thanks for the feedback. I'm now working to improve the drag-and-drop feature to allow moving many items at once. It's about 80% done so hopefully a new version will be released a week from now.

I'd still really like to hear feedback on the Xhtml import feature. I'm especially curious if anyone has whitespace problems with the imported text (that is, either missing spaces or too many spaces. After getting drag-and-drop working, I'll start improving the import feature to support other tags and attributes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
I would have much more liked a downloadable version from sourceforge...
OK, I'll upload the setup.exe to the sourceforge servers. If that still won't make some people happy, then please speak up.

Quote:
Could you please indicate if bug reports or feature requests could be best placed here or on sourceforge?
For the time being, please post bug reports here. An incomplete list of bugs that I know about can be viewed here:
Svn to-do list

Quote:
1. Language metadata is currently restricted to English, German, French and Swedish. Since there are more languages , could you please either add them (for me personally dutch) or tell us how to add them ourselves?
The languages are stored in an Xml file inside the exe with this format:
Code:
  <language>
    <code>fr</code>
    <desc xml:lang="en-US">French</desc>
  </language>
  <language>
    <code>en-UK</code>
    <desc xml:lang="en-US">English (United Kingdom)</desc>
  </language>
I could add the ability for users to add their own languages but it's probably easier if someone would just make a complete list and send it to me.

Quote:
2. Cover page, is this just an image or via svg?
Right now it is just a jpg image. I have read Adobe's technote about creating svg cover pages and also posts on this forum where people say svg in epub isn't reliable. Regardless, svg should come when gif and png image formats are added.

Quote:
3. import of an epub to make quick edits?
Now that an xhtml import framework is in place, it shouldn't be terribly difficult to do this.

Quote:
4. Save in-between work?
Of course that is very important but it will be one of the last major pieces to be added. This is because I don't want to create the file format now only to be forced to change it once another feature is added.

Last edited by awx; 03-11-2010 at 04:46 AM.
awx is offline   Reply With Quote