Thread: NIV Bible
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 02:16 PM   #35
kwjones
Groupie
kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony PRS-505; Motorola Droid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Certainly NIV is a translation. It is my preferred reading format but not my preferred study format. I personally use several versions to study and understand the truth in scripture in lieu of trying to learn the source language the way it was written thousands of years ago. Even knowing this modern versions of the source language isn't enough so I depend on professionals and the multiplicity of versions with guidance from the Holy Spirit to get at the truth. YMMV.

Dale
Yup. I actually perfer the internet for studying. With places like NET Bible and Blue Letter Bible or Pocket E-Sword it's pretty easy to compare text between multiple translations and have access to multiple commentaries, concordance and encyclopedias all at once.
kwjones is offline   Reply With Quote