View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 12:57 PM   #10
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, KoboAura&Glo, PB 360 & 902 (Kindle Touch, PRS-600, Opus)
As to the Irfanview tutorial specifically: I'd add that you might as well "decrease color depth" as well (or do that together with grayscaling). By decreasing it to 16 colors, I reduced the file size from over 1 Mb to less than 250 kb. With no damage to the picture quality (for these purposes) that I could see.

I like to put a lot of different logos in there and let the software choose one at random for closing off and starting up. Would there be a firmware limit tot the amount of files you should put in there?
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote