View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 12:48 PM   #14
KarateMonkey
Connoisseur
KarateMonkey doesn't litterKarateMonkey doesn't litterKarateMonkey doesn't litter

Device: Astak Pocket Pro, Sony PRS-300
Apparently a polite letter to the author is unnecessary.

From her blog:

Quote:
What does this mean to you, the consumer? From what I’ve been told, the delayed release of the Black Magic Sanction e-book is affecting Kindles, Fictionwise, Nooks, Soney e-readers, along with a handful of others. (April 6th Go ahead, groan. Amazon priced them as a mass market, so that’s where they are sliding.) However . . . there are alternatives as I’ve been finding out.

Harpercollins/Eos was looking ahead, and though no one had a clue that the e-book situation was going to explode, they had someone out at my office with a camera about a month or so ago, gathering content for an enhanced e-book. This enhanced e-book content was designed for Iphones and Itouch, and since everything went boom, they decided to release it the same day as the hard cover, February 23rd. If you have a Iphone or Itouch and access to ITunes, you’re good to go. And you should see where you’re going! (grin)
Apparently there's an enhanced version available from iTunes, or apple anyway. It sounds like it includes the full text + audio book + some video interviews. I didn't think Apple was selling books yet. Does anybody know anything about this?
KarateMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote