View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 06:07 PM   #114
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Well, other than the power being out when we got back....

We had heavy rains and high winds here while I was gone, and an incredible number of trees came down, mostly pines with shallow root structures. Power at our house went out Thursday evening and didn't return until Saturday evening. Internet was restored sometime during the day Monday.

I have co-workers here at the University who still don't have power at home. Local health clubs and exercise centers are allowing nearby residents to use their showers free of cost, and some towns have been operating emergency shelters in schools and the like.

This is the second winter in a row we've had unusually wild storms and lengthy power outages, and I think the fourth or fifth year in a row that we've had flooding in early spring. Not a good sign.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote