View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 09:14 PM   #19
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykoffee View Post
I have it set to hide archived items and it's hid others, but not this one. I cannot get rid of this damn book! No reply from CS so far. It doesn't even give me the option to delete it out of my Barnes and Noble library. I am hoping B&N customer service can go in with their magic wand and get that book out of my library for good, but now I'm starting to wonder. Last time I tried calling tech support was about this defective ebook, I was on hold for an hour and fifteen minutes before someone came on the line, checked and told me it was faulty. It's like a thorn in my side I can't get rid of...

Linda
I've got the same thorn. And even though I can hide my 2 failed purchases, it still bothers me. Archiving is not deleting, it's a compromise at best.
Good luck with CS. To me they repeatedly stated, they can't delete but I should do so. Hey guys, I've told you 734 times, that I CANNOT delete. It's greyed out and not accessible. Typical example of CS who's been trained in theory, but actually never has been playing around. This thread clearly shows, that it's a common problem. And it would be so easy to solve... Best solution would be, automatically deleting failed purchases after 24 hours. Either you re-purchase instantaneously after having failed, or you'll never do. Someone earlier in this thread reported, his titles did disappear after some time.
For books, I've re-purchased the very same title, thus "overwriting" the failed purchase. Didn't work for magazines/newspapers though. I get the next issues, but the failed one remains.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote