View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 02:34 PM   #14
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
Sounds like a good idea to me. As you do, I *always* put at least 2 ID's on my portable devices. I usually use return address labels, of which I have a plethora, because they're both self-adhesive & small enough to hide. I always put one in plain sight, both to make it easy for honest people to return it & to fool the dishonest ones into thinking they've removed the ID-then I hide another one somewhere, so I can positively identify the device if it turns up somewhere. (I know they have serial #'s, which I have recorded, but I don't carry the serial #'s with me all the time-so something similar to 'initials scratched in the case' but without the damage works best for me.)

Not that I've ever lost a device, but I figure it's a little late to take precautions after the device is gone.

And being able to do anything to the seller would be questionable anyway-he can always claim that *he* bought it in good faith. Sure, he'd probably be lying-but how would you prove it? So I think your decision on that is a good one, too.

Last edited by calvin-c; 03-01-2010 at 02:37 PM.
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote