View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 01:20 PM   #145
WT Sharpe
Grand Muckity-Muck
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Air, iPod Nano, & a PC running Windows 9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Well, as I said, A Briefer History of Time is available in the U.S., and it's pretty much the same book, only updated and slightly longer (go figure--it must have something to do with relativity).

There are 224 pages in the hardcover edition of A Brief History of Time.

There are 256 pages in the hardcover edition of A Briefer History of Time.

Both are excellent. The Kindle edition of A Briefer History of Time is here.
OK, I don't know where that "256 pages" in the hardcover edition of A Briefer History of Time came from as I can no longer find the original page on which I saw it. Of the several hardcover editions that are listed on Amazon, the number of pages in each book varies greatly. It seem A Briefer History of Time is briefer. I've read both, but A Brief History as an audiobook and a Briefer History as an e-book, so there was no way to tell just from that.

Then there's this (each screenshot taken moments apart). Do they mean they want you to tell the publisher you'd like to start reading the book on your Kindle in under a minute?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Briefer-TellThePublisher.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	46837   Click image for larger version

Name:	Briefer-StartReading.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	46838  

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 03-01-2010 at 09:42 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote