View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 02:15 PM   #1
Xsavior
Coveter of eInk
Xsavior began at the beginning.

Device: Treo 700p, Sony Reader
New Reader Activation Strategy

Hi All,
This is my first thread as a new Reader owner. (technically the 2 Readers I purchased are at my desk in Vermont while I am traveling in California, so I'm preparing as much as I can for when i get home ) My question is regarding what the best manner of registering the two readers is. One is for me, one is for my girlfriend, who lives 3 hours from my "home base". Should I register both on my PC so that we can share purchased content? From what I've read, that will also pool the activation credit, yes?

Another quick question I have that is probably hidden in the fine print somewhere (and I apologize for not being able to find this already) is what happens when I change computers? Is that related to authorizing the content on up to 6 devices? One HAS to be a computer, but I'd guess that as many of those 6 COULD be computers, so could she get the Connect Store on her PC, and have access to all of the same content that I do on mine? (if she uses my account?)

If that works, then I'd guess that 2 readers and 2 computers count as 4 devices, so I'd have 2 open slots for the future if I upgraded my computer and she upgraded hers. Does that sound right to the experts?

One last question that I haven't seen addressed yet (I may be looking in the wrong area) is has any progress been made to stripping DRM from .lrf books from the Connect store that would ensure my ability to use my purchased content on a separate device that may be purchased in the future?

Thanks again for the great community, sorry for the run-on sentences, and I hope I'm not being overly redundant with these questions. I've been looking, but there SO MUCH INFO!!!
Xsavior is offline   Reply With Quote