View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 09:50 PM   #70
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystian Galaj View Post
Creator of the work is granted an exclusive right to copy the work for some time. Usually by some state on behalf of the citizens. Saying he's an "owner" of something is just twisting of this idea, just as saying it's his "intellectual property". He's not - the public is the owner, if anyone.
I think the ideal of the public owning the work of others is pretty silly, unless you're a raging commie or something.

But that said I do get your point. What a content creator "owns" is the writes to reproduce and make money of his creation during their lifetimes (+70 years currently, which should be shortened).

After that, it can go public domain. Then no one owns the rights to it and anyone can use it as they see fit. So just semantics I guess. I just don't like the wording of the public owning anything--especially someone else's work.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote