View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 10:46 PM   #6
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndecisiveMe View Post

Also Solicitous, I just noticed you own the Pocket Pro - is it comfortable device for reading novels on? I'm just trying to imagine what reading a normal-sized paperback is like on a 5" device. I've been driving my husband nuts for the last few weeks talking about eReaders and he finally just said get whatever one I want now (birthday in March) and if something better comes out around Christmas (or I want something bigger) then I can just buy another one. I just hate wasting money and I want to make sure I get one I am happy with.
The Pocket Pro is a great device. I find it more comfortable to read than a paperback (especially compared to thick bulky books). I read my ebooks with a font size very similar to that of a paperback, and every page on the ereader is about 2/3 of that of a paperback.

I have attached a photo I just took of my PP with a paperback.

Sorry about the quality of the photo, I'm not that crash hot when it comes to cameras. But as you can see that is the size of the Pocket Pro compared to a normal size paperback. Initially after buying mine it did feel a little strange reading on it, but after a couple of days I found myself enjoying it more than reading a paperback.

I highly recommend the Pocket Pro. Only thing I need to "warn" you about (this is the only issue I have had with the PP), being a fellow Aussie, the supplied power adapter with the PP is for a US-style powerpoint. Any AC-USB charger will work to charge the PP (or can be bought for about $10), or you can charge the PP on your computer.

Hope it is of some help.

Edit: I forgot to add about the page turns. All E-Ink devices have a screen flash when turning the page. I can't compare the PP to any other device (as this is all I have), but the flash is quicker than the time it takes me to turn the page of a paperback.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P2080010.JPG
Views:	176
Size:	719.8 KB
ID:	46195  

Last edited by Solicitous; 02-22-2010 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Forgot stuff
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote