View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 10:47 PM   #3
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBird View Post
My reader has a folder FOUND.000 in the SD card index which I have been trying to delete for a month: manually, w/reset, and by removing the battery. The last thing I could think of to do was re-install the December firmware. I had saved all firmware upgrades in two places. Unfortunately when I installed Win7 recently I somehow screwed up and lost several important folders, the ones w/the upgrades being but two of several.

Downloaded it again from the company support site and found it to be an RAR file. Were the firmware downloads in 2009 not in regular old ZIP format? Sure they were because I've never had anything but headaches w/RAR and I'm sure I would remember wrestling w/it but the previous firmware updates went so smoothly that I have no memory of them.

In any case I downloaded Stuffit to upack the RAR and get to the .bin file. There are only four font files in the expanded RAR: no .bin.

Can someone explain what's going on to a bumbler? Don't most folks prefer ZIP over RAR?
Found.xxx are fragments of a broken FAT file system that has been repaired.
There are many possibilities that result in file system damage. Removing without "Safely remove Hardware" saying it is now safe is a good way

It is "a Windows System file" and is hidden by default when viewed with Windows Explorer. You will need to temporarily show system and hidden files in Windows, to delete these without formatting the drive.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote