View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 09:02 AM   #10
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook color, nook touch
I am also seeing this problem with most of the Mobipocket format ebooks I've purchased at Fictionwise. It looks to me as though these books have moved all the metadata into xml tags outside of the header. For example, when I convert this ebook from mobi to html with either the CPAN ebook package or mobi2html, I see this at the beginning of the book:

<html>
<head><dc:identifier>0803Asimovs</dc:identifier><dc:title>Asimov's SF, March 2008</dc:title><dc:
creator>Dell Magazine Authors</dc:creator><dcublisher>Dell Magazines</dcublisher><dc:rights>Copy
right &copy; 2008 by Dell Magazines</dc:rights><dc:description>Science Fiction. 69421 words long. </
dc:description><dc:language>en</dc:language><dc:type>Novel</dc:type><dc:format>text/xml</dc:format><
dc:subject>Science Fiction</dc:subject></head>
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote