View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 01:23 AM   #2
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Once again kudos & karma for posting what may be the feel-bad book of the year, and I mean that with the upmost respect. I love Schopenhauer, and there are times when his brutal pessimism is just what the doctor ordered. You know those days when optimism is an irritant, and you just want to smack the next person who smiles or says a cheerful word? Those days are perfect for reading Schopenhauer. I am truly at a loss to explain how reading what should by rights be the most depressing essays in all of literature can restore a sense of balance and harmony, but for me, it does. I guess it's not totally unrelated to Nietzsche's comment that "The thought of suicide is a great consolation: by means of it one gets successfully through many a bad night." (From Beyond Good and Evil by Friedrich Nietzsche)

Excellent work! Thanks for yet another great one, Patricia!

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 02-14-2010 at 01:30 AM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote