View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 11:47 AM   #2
jswinden
Astrophotographer
jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5, Nexus 7.2
Actually, you can do a swipe gesture with the 600 and 900 to turn pages. The default is backwards from the iPhone, that is, you swipe from left to right. Quite honestly I think Sony was stupid for making it backwards, but you can reverse the swipe direction in the Settings menus.

I had a 900 for about 10 days before I returned it. It was impressive except for the screen, but at $400 way too expensive. I decided to go another route and got an Asus T91MT netbook tablet. For less than another $100 I got a touch screen device with a real OS, Windows 7 Home Premium, that is completely open and runs every eBook reader I will ever need. Plus it does an excellent job of reading PDFs. It isn't for everyone, but it is the best solution for my needs. I still have the 300 for portable reading, but even it needs an addon light in darker environments. I considered waiting for the iMaxiPad to be released, but I prefer open devices with real OSes to toys made by Apple.
jswinden is offline   Reply With Quote