How To Start A Poll
So.......you want to know to start a poll, but too afraid to ask?
1) Choose a subject.
2) Find the forum it fits into. Is it on Sony? Go to the Sony Forum, click on "start a new thread" A "just for fun" Try the Lounge.
3) Give it a title. Make it a "snappy" one.
4) In the subject field, post your poll thoughts. Let us know what you are trying to find out.
5) IMPORTANT Don't hit 'submit new thread yet!......now scroll down until you see the "Post a poll with this thread" box. Make sure you click it. Where it says "number of options" type in how many poll questions you will have. There is a maximum of 30. Don't worry if you don't know how many you want.......when you do the poll, you will have the option of changing that.
6) NOW hit "submit new thread" A box will open with spaces for your questions. At the top, you will see "poll question.' Type your title here.
7) Now fill in the blanks. If you need more or fewer spaces, use the "update options" box right under the "submit new thread" box.
You might want to, if your poll is limited to a certain audience, include an option for "This doesn't pertain to me, but I'd like to see the results". That will make it easy for anyone to check without having to click on "see the results" each time.
8) Now, you can choose to leave the poll open, or have it stopped after a particular number of days.
9) Next, you can make the poll multiple choice, or just allow one answer
10) You can choose to have votes made public, or kept private.
11) When you are done, double check yourself, then click 'submit new poll'. If you've made an error a box will show up telling you where.
12) Once the poll shows, if there are any problems or something your need changed, yell out to any mod......they will gladly help.
Last edited by desertgrandma; 02-13-2010 at 05:23 PM.
Reason: addendum to #7