View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 05:07 AM   #1
helebor
helebor began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Thumbs down Where does additional flash storage really fit in?

I took delivery of my PRS-600 a couple of days ago and, as a piece of hardware, it does the job I needed it to do. However, to be frank, the documentation (user guide for the device and help file for the Reader Library) are very poor. I think also the firmware is not bug-free. I feel like a beta tester. Have read up a bit about Calibre, which tempts me to give that a go.

I ordered a 16GB Kingston SDHC card at the same time, and plugging it in "works", insofar as it is seen by the RL software. I would expect the system of the device itself to reflect the presence of the card in the memory report that appears on a cold startup. However, it still shows only the inbuilt storage available. I see repeatedly in the docs that Sony would not certify that *any* brand would work.

Should I conclude that this card *doesn't* work, then? Or am I mistaken in the assumption (taken from the Sony sales pitch) that adding a card increases the storage available to the device? The poorly-written documentation doesn't make it clear, one way or the other.

I'd be pleased to know what experiences others have had with their cards.

TIA
Helen
helebor is offline   Reply With Quote