Thread: Sigil v0.1.9
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 08:29 PM   #1
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Valloric's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,978
Karma: 350515
Join Date: Feb 2008
Device: Sony Reader PRS 505
Sigil v0.1.9

The changelog for Sigil version 0.1.9 follows:

Quote:
- fixed a regression that caused Sigil to demand that all XHTML streams in an epub file
be valid XML (issue #248)

- the "container.xml" reading subsystem now handles XML files with namespaces (issue #235)
- HTML encoding detection is now performed even on XHTML files in epub archives (per spec,
they have to be UTF-8 or UTF-16, but Sigil will now handle those that aren't)
- fixed an issue with content file filenames using "%20" for spaces not being loaded (issue #232)
- the temp directory used on Windows is now <Profile>/Sigil instead of <Profile>/My Documents/Sigil
(issue #222)
I didn't plan to make another release in the 0.1.x branch, but that changed today. I discovered a rather unpleasant regression bug that crept in 0.1.7/0.1.8: Sigil would demand that all XHTML flows in an epub be valid XML.

While the epub standard does demand this, it's often not the case with hand-coded epub files. Previously, Sigil had systems in place to correct such errors, but they were inadvertently turned off during some code reshuffling. So if you opened such a file in Sigil and got a blank Book View as if you had loaded nothing (or had some text truncated), this was causing it.

The other major bug fixed was a problem with loading some Gutenberg epub files. They use namespaces in the content.xml file which QDom doesn't handle by default, and this was preventing Sigil from loading such files. I rewrote that code and now it's working.

I also took this opportunity to release the first x64 version of Sigil for Windows. As I blogged about it yesterday, these users should see about a 10% performance improvement from that alone.

In other news, work on 0.2.0 is progressing quite nicely.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote