View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 10:29 PM   #4
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
I read 'the secret' while waiting at Walmart for my wife to buy a Mothers day card. She read EVERY SINGLE one in the store so she could get the perfect one for Mom... So I went and sat on the patio furniture and read that book since I didn't have my reader...

Stupid stupid stupid premise linked to a sound principle.

Here's the entire book in a nutshell..

(Stupid premise)
a. There's a LAW of attraction in the Universe that works exactly like the law of gravity or any other law of Physics.
b. What you think.. You draw like gravity or a magnet to you.
c. Think negative, depressing, unhappy (etc.) thoughts and what you think will be drawn to you. (whether its a car accident or the flu.)
d. Think rich happy healthy thoughts (etc) and these things will INEVITABLY (Like gravity) come to you.
d... (The book goes on redundantly declaring these principals like gospel for about 100 pages.)

The sound principal the book is based on is of course, self evident.

Human beings fulfill their own dreams and fears with their thoughts. No one ever started a business or painted a painting (Etc.) unless he or she first pictured their dream then went for it!

And the negative side of that principal is likewise true.

Law of the universe.. Thats rich indeed.

Idiocy equals The Secret squared.
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote