View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 04:56 PM   #1
frquixote
Addict
frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Win 7 Netbook
Problems with html containing SmartQuotes, etc.

I've been buying books from eReader since its Peanut Press days, first for my Palm PDAs and then my Pocket PCs, but now its time to move on. I'm trying to convert the entire library to ePub in anticipation of buying an eReader.

I chose a book I'd like to read as the first experiment with the process. Used ereader2html and got a clean html file containing graphics, mdashes, SmartQuotes, SmartApostrophes, etc. Ran the book through Calibre using an HTML to ZIP plug-in customization of ISO-8859-1 (the character encoding Firefox reported for the book) and the conversion stripped all the mdashes and SmartQuotes, SmartApostrophes, etc from the book. Any ideas how I can fix this?

Thanks for any help,
FrQuixote
frquixote is offline   Reply With Quote