View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 09:30 AM   #3
mgmueller
Wizard
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by TogTogTogTog View Post
If you're downloading over the wireless from the B&N site have you tried running it through a proxy? I find http://codeen.cs.princeton.edu/ is a really good site for it.

But if you're running it through the B&N store using wireless you're out of luck I think. Unless you were able to run your wireless through a dedicated computer that ran all internet traffic through a VPN/proxy...

I get my Nook in about 5 days (live in Australia) so I'll be working on this problem soon. I might see how I can go about running the wireless with an American IP within a rooted Nook.
I haven't tried it. But in a softrooted nook you have a web browser. Has been working flawlessly for the few websites I've checked out.
Still not perfect. But it should be possible, to purchase within this browser on your nook and then download within your B&N library on nook.
One step more than intended, but at least without PC.
mgmueller is online now   Reply With Quote