View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 10:35 PM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
A couple from MR's own library.

This sounds kind of short, cute, and humorous.
Humor - Ashford, Daisy, The Young Visiters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Daisy Ashford, The Young Visiters [sic] or Mr. Saltena's Plan.
With a Preface by J M Barrie (1919).

This curiosity is a novel by a 9 year-old girl.

Mr Saltena's plan is to buy a peerage, so clearly the cash-for-honours scandal has a long history if Victorian children were familiar with the concept.

A memorable line:
"I shall put some red ruge on my face said Ethel because I am very pale owing to the drains in this house."

Edited to add that this book is now located on the US server.
Mobi/PRC Books
BBeB/LRF Books

Heyer, Georgette: The Black Moth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Georgette Heyer (19021974)
The Black Moth: A Romance of the XVIII Century (1921)

An early historical romance by Georgette Heyer, featuring highwaymen, cheating at cards and the abduction of at least one young woman.

Found at the Celebration of Women Writers website. This novel is out of copyright in the USA.
BBeB/LRF Books
Mobi/PRC Books
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote