Here is the latest change to the FAQ sheet. It may tale a while to get it posted by the webmaster!
Remember, if you just received your device, there is no certainty that it has the latest firmware upgrade. Upgrades can arrive between when a device leaves the factory in China and when Astak sends it out to you. It does no harm to try it. Always do JUST the latest Firmware Upgrade for your type of device (not all of them). Firmware Upgrades are at www.theEZreader.com
Q.How do I install a firmware upgrade?
1. After downloading the upgrade from our website, you must first unzip the file on your computer.
2. After unzipping, put the ".bin" file on your SD card. Your SD card must be 4GB or smaller (for the 6” EZ Reader) or 16GB or smaller (for the 5”PocketPRO) to do this.
3. Turn OFF your EZ Reader, and then insert the SD card into your EZ Reader.
4. For the 6 inch EZ Reader only: Then, first holding down the silver "volume up" button on the right side of the EZ Reader, then press the ON button to turn on your EZ Reader.
5. For the 5 inch Pocket PRO only: Then, first holding down the top page turn button on the left side, then press the ON button to turn on your Pocket PRO.
6. Keep pressing the buttons until you hear a beep-beep sound.
7. The screen will display a message to ask if you want to update the firmware, so press the OK button to confirm, and wait until it finishes loading the firmware. Then you’re done!
If you have any problems doing this, feel free to call us and ask for EZ Reader tech support. If it doesn’t work the first few tries, you might need to reformat your SD card, but please save your files on your computer first because reformatting will erase the files on your SD card.