View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 12:07 PM   #66
cmdahler
Addict
cmdahler can name that song in three notescmdahler can name that song in three notescmdahler can name that song in three notescmdahler can name that song in three notescmdahler can name that song in three notescmdahler can name that song in three notescmdahler can name that song in three notescmdahler can name that song in three notescmdahler can name that song in three notescmdahler can name that song in three notescmdahler can name that song in three notes

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
In Calibre's defense, LRF output has been dropped from the Sigil roadmap, too. It's a dead format.
That's like saying Windows XP was dead when MS started selling Vista. ePub, espcially on the Sony 500-series, sucks dirt right now. Maybe in the future it won't, but for now, if you want something to look nice on the screen, LRF has ePub beat six ways from Sunday. LRF won't be "dead" no matter what Kovid and Sigil say, until all ePub catches up with it, and I don't see Sony in any hurry to update their crappy ePub renderer on the 500-series.

My thanks to Kovid for his hard work, but let's just say it's a disappointing decision to stop fixing bugs in the LRF conversion utility. I'm glad the functionality is still there - there will still be people who vastly prefer LRF over ePub for quite some time to come until Sony gets its thumb out and provides an update to make ePub look like something that wasn't typed up by a high school kid in an afternoon on Word.
cmdahler is offline   Reply With Quote