View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 05:25 PM   #31
Richard Herley
Author
Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulckennedy View Post
Is the inclusion of advertising part of an Author's contract with his publisher?
It wasn't specifically provided for in that contract, so they had no right to do it. That was the gist of our case and the German publisher, after a bit of huffing, backed down. As I recall, I kept my share of the advance; and the pulping cost them a lot of money, so they wouldn't have given in if they weren't in the wrong.

What annoyed me, besides the interruption of the narrative, was the inevitable impression that I had been paid in respect of the ad.
Richard Herley is offline   Reply With Quote