View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 07:49 AM   #9
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin v3, iPad, Kindle 4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Just as an FYI some of the works on Smashwords.com have a restrictive 'don't share' policy at the beginning. I believe some are more official than others. I don't know if this changes your criteria for inclusion, but I know it changes my criteria for whether I read a book or not (not in the cases of such outright stupid policies) regardless of price.
So long as they have no DRM and just a note asking you to not share the book I see no problem. Whether the author chooses to sell their book or give it away doesn't remove their right to say where it's distributed from.

I like the idea of the site, hopefully you'll add links to the author's websites too for those who provide a direct purchase option.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote