View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 04:08 AM   #4
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
I've set up a little site for those of us who are rebelling against the high prices MacMillian and Big Publishing are foisting upon us. I wouldn't want us to run out of stuff to read just because *they* seem disinclined to supply it! I will be listing both free/public domain stuff (that still has appeal, imho, for modern readers) and also purchaseable content so long as it costs $10 or less and is free of DRM or other restrictions.

I am a bit of a speed reader so I anticipate being able to add to this page substantially. What is up right now is just a first pass

What do you think?

Link
Just as an FYI some of the works on Smashwords.com have a restrictive 'don't share' policy at the beginning. I believe some are more official than others. I don't know if this changes your criteria for inclusion, but I know it changes my criteria for whether I read a book or not (not in the cases of such outright stupid policies) regardless of price.

Quote:
This e-book is licensed for your personal enjoyment only. This e-book may not be re-sold or given away to other people. If you would like to share this book with another person, please purchase an additional copy for each person you share it with. If you’re reading this book and did not purchase it, or it was not purchased for your use only, then you should purchase your own copy at www.smashwords.com Thank you for respecting the hard work of this author.
Quote:
Smashwords Edition, License Notes

This ebook is licensed for your personal enjoyment only. This ebook may not be re-sold or given away to other people. If you would like to share this book with another person, please purchase an additional copy for each person you share it with. If you’re reading this book and did not purchase it, or it was not purchased for your use only, then you should return to Smashwords.com and purchase your own copy. Thank you for respecting the hard work of this author.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote