View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 01:38 AM   #15
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Black background with off-white text is not bad for nighttime reading or situations where ambient light is very low compared to the backlight intensity.

I suspect most people who buy the iPad, other than users of these fora, will have no real problems with the backlight. I don't plan to buy one right away, but if nothing better comes out this year, I'll toss my Sony Reader and get an iPad to replace it. I have absolutely no worries whatsoever about eye strain. I'd like to try one and see how it works next to a well-lit window though, as that's the only problem I can imagine the display having.

I'm much more concerned about their software than I am about their hardware.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote