View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 01:03 AM   #11
DairyKnight
Connoisseur
DairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with others

Device: PRS-505
This is great work!

If possible, I'd like to learn more about how the e-ink driver was implemented.
Porting qt embedded to Kindle is not really a new thing, and someone has already done this (http://code.google.com/p/qindle/ - seems this project's dead). But fully functional e-ink driver and keyboard with sample program is a true breakthrough.

Hope details would be published soon. And more people would join the Kindle development community. It'll be cool to see programs like Poppler ported to Kindle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darron View Post
Okay, so here it is!

QtEmbedded compiled for the Kindle, all packaged up for the Kindle 2 and DX (thanks to the great package tool by Igor and Jyavenard)

I've only been able to try this out with v2.3 software. It's also only been able to try it on a Kindle 2 Global Wireless and a Kindle DX U.S. Wireless. It seemed to work, but there are no guarantees (and the next update could easily cause a problem).

Normal disclaimers about bricking your Kindle apply.

The Qt platform and plugins are free to use for Kindle app development. I'll be putting up a simple sample app with source code and a few scripts to go along with the packager soon.

I'm also including a Sudoku game, which is really great for this platform.

Please let me know how it goes for you.

Darron
DairyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote