View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 09:18 AM   #9
zacheryjensen
Addict
zacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-books

Device: iPad, iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystian Galaj View Post
Isn't it a bit complicated issue to have so radical opinions about it?
You seem confused. What you quoted of me, that was a statement of observed fact, not opinion. I found calibre's ePub conversion results to conflict with Stanza's renderer. I mean really, the whole point of my phrasing was to disregard the opinions about which app is broken.

Sure you can go on blaming this or that for standards compliance failures or whatever, but, at the end of the day all that's really important is a useful combination of software and eBooks. So if the OP is having issues because of using stanza with calibre produced eBooks, maybe they should just do what I did and try a different conversion tool...

In regards to those mentioning txtr, the issues it has regarding idiotically huge margins on a 3.5" screen, no font selection options, and basically no configuration whatsoever are more of an issue in my opinion. I had no issues with their web interface, I even loaded up a DRM'ed eBook that I got through BooksOnBoard, that I had downloaded via Digital Editions, and it all worked fine. But if all that mattered in an eBook reader was the ability to load up a file, this would be a far less active website When I set the font to a comfortably readable size, I would estimate that about 15 words were displayed at once on screen. Bizarre. It's software like that that I wonder... "Did they ever even use this, even one single time, themselves?"
zacheryjensen is offline   Reply With Quote