View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 04:44 AM   #3
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pking36330 View Post
Why? Just because its an Apple device? Or because it'll do ebooks as well and any other device but it does other stuff too and so it isn't pure enough an ereader to warrant more attention on the front page?

I've read the e-ink snobbery in this forum for some time and continue to be amazed and the temerity of some members to tell us that nothing but e-ink is worthy of being labeled an ereader. But when this snobbery turns into institutionalized actions like populating the front page, it stops being snobbery and becomes technology bigotry.
It will do ebooks no more than my Desktop PC, or my laptop, or my netbook. The same LCD screen(be it lamp or LED lit) that doesn't suit my eyes to read books from it.
For me, yes, only eInk devices are worthy to be considered as ebook reader. Before the first eInk ebook reader I could not read ebooks. Only eInk allowed me to enjoy ebook reading.

You have a very loud mouth. You walk around and throw words such as temerity, snobbery, bigotry when you don't have a basic tolerance and understanding that all people are different. That what you see is simply a difference in tastes. You don't have enough intelligence to realise that this forum is naturally attracting people who cannot read from all sort of hand held devices and eInk is the solution (the only solution as of today) for them. Along with superb battery life that no non-eInk based gadget can rival with.

I feel sorry for you that you see this place through such polluted light of your own making.

Last edited by astra; 01-29-2010 at 05:22 AM.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote